We have noticed recently that many of our nurse appointments are wasted as patients don’t come to appointments that have been booked.
Many of these appointments are made to review long term conditions such as asthma, copd and diabetes. Some of these appointments can be up to 30 minutes long. As a result we are losing a huge amount of time from our appointment system.
We appreciate that unexpected things may crop up but please try and give us 48 hours notice if you are unable to attend – in this way we can offer your appointment to someone else who may be on a waiting list for an appointment.
If you are invited to come for a review and don’t want to come in, please tell us – we would rather know this and take you off our recall system than spend time trying to make appointments that are then wasted.
DR C HIRST
Make sure we have all your up-to-date details.
If any of the following contact details have changed, please contact the surgery so we can update your records.
Name / Change of Name
Telephone / Mobile Number
Go direct to a Physio without seeing the doctor!
Appointments available to book every Tuesday at Gibson Lane Practice!
The Physio will:
– Assess you and diagnose what’s happening.
– Give expert advice on how best to manage your condition.
– Refer you on to a specialist if necessary.
They can see:
– All soft tissue injuries, sprains, strains, sports injuries.
– Arthritis – any joint
– Problems with muscles, ligaments, tendons or bone, lower back pain, mid-back pain and neck pain.
– Spine related pain affecting arms or legs, including nerve symptoms such as pins and needles and numbness.
They cannot see:
– Children under 18
– Medical management of rheumatoid conditions
– Women’s health, antenatal and postnatal problems
– House bound patients
– Medication reviews
– Neurological and respiratory conditions
– Acute mental health crisis
– Patients who do not want to see a FCP
Our practice is collaborating with NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) which is providing NHS numbers for those patients that may be suitable for electronic repeat dispensing prescriptions. The information is obtained from NHS prescriptions submitted to the NHSBSA. A member of our clinical team will contact these patients soon to explain the benefits of this service.’
Pride in Practice :
We know that many LGBT people worry about accessing services for fear of experiencing discrimination or even hostility on the grounds of their sexual orientation, gender identity and/or trans status.
LGBT Foundation would like to hear from you about your experiences of healthcare services.
You can contact LGBT Foundation in confidence on our helpline number 0345 3 30 30 30 or contact Pride in Practice Programme at [email protected]
Pride in Practice is a programme to ensure that all LGBT people have access to GP practices, Dental Practices, Pharmacies, and Optometry Outlets that are LGBT inclusive.