Find out where to get help if you’re experiencing domestic violence.
Domestic violence, also called domestic abuse, includes physical, emotional and sexual abuse in couple relationships or between family members.
You don’t have to wait for an emergency situation to seek help. You can;
- Talk to your doctor, health visitor or midwife.
- Women can call 0808 2000 247, the free 24 hours National Domestic Violence Helpline run in partnership with Women’s Aid and Refuge.
- Men can call the Men’s Advice Line free on 0808 801 0327 (Monday – Friday 9 am-5 pm) or ManKind on 01823 334 244.
- Leeds domestic violence service 24-hour helpline on 0113 2460401.
- In case of immediate danger always call 999.
Please see below for useful links;
- Respect for male perpetrators of Domestic Violence – Tel: 0808 8024040
- For male victims of Domestic Violence – Tel: 0808 8010327