Coronavirus (Covid-19) is a new, potentially serious illness that mostly affects people’s lungs and airways. Anyone can catch it; anyone can spread it.
Please follow the following link for the latest information on coronavirus https://www.leedsccg.nhs.uk/health/coronavirus/
Coronavirus infection usually occurs through close contact with a person who has it, through coughs and sneezes or hand contact. A person can also be infected by touching contaminated surfaces if they do not wash their hands. To reduce the risk to the public, the NHS has put in place measures to protect patients, our community and NHS staff while ensuring as many services as possible are available to the public.
We can all help stop the virus from spreading if we take precautions. This means you should:
- Stay at home as much as possible and work from home if you can
- Limit contact with other people
- Keep your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
- Wash your hands regularly
- Wear a face covering (unless you are exempt) on public transport, in enclosed public spaces and when accessing any NHS services
- Do not leave home if you or anyone in your household has symptoms except to get tested
For the latest Government guidance, please visit the UK Government website www.gov.uk/coronavirus
For local support and to see how services in Leeds are affected, please visit the Leeds City Council website www.leeds.gov.uk/coronavirus