Support others – Improve your own health and wellbeing – Make a difference in your community.
- Are five times more likely to die by suicide than women,
- Are twice as likely to have a drug or alcohol problem,
- Are more likely to die by covid,
- Have the skills and willpower to start changing this now.
If you’re a Leeds man* living or volunteering in South or East Leeds and you want to improve your skills supporting other men to lead healthier and happier lives, join this free online course. We’ll cover:
- What works for you – understanding your strengths and how you can use them to support others.
- Men, masculinity and health – risks and opportunities.
- Conversations that create change – how to have little chats that make a big difference.
- Where to signpost – how to connect men to services in Leeds and help them find the motivation to reach out.
- Healthy, safe and happy relationships.
- Suicide risk awareness and action.
- Group work facilitation skills.
After the course, we’ll keep supporting you to go back to your community and put into practice what you’ve learned. You could be running workshops, sorting out new healthy living activities, raising awareness and changing attitudes or supporting a mate or family member who’s going through a tough time. Whatever you want to do, we can help you make a difference!
On Zoom Fridays 10.30 – 12.00 for 8 weeks starting 5th February 2021
Click this link for joining details: https://forms.gle/giMgJa4gRixKjzNNA
Please get in touch if you need technical support.
Feedback from previous participants:
“It’s given me more confidence on mental health issues – now I’m planning to lead sessions on stress and relaxation”.
“Very good practical elements through the course to do things and experience learning. Hugely organised, there was never a point that I felt things were not useful.It has been a highly developed, professional course. The pace has been brilliant and everyone has had the opportunity to experience the learning. Extremely happy :)”
The course is funded by Leeds Community Foundation.
*Anyone identifying as a man is welcome.
Mental Wellbeing Coordinator
Humans Being (Yorkshire) CIC